Universal ISDN Port
S/T interface and UpN/Up0 interface are integrated into the same transceiver.
That means users can can implement a combined circuitry, enabling to select between both interface modes.
Detailed information on Cologne Chip's Universal ISDN Port.
XHFC - These letters stand for ISDN ICs, each of them integrating S/T and Up interfaces into one Basic Rate ISDN tranceiver. ICs of XHFC Series come with Universal ISDN Ports: ISDN interface selectable as S/T or UpN/Up0 interface. So they are tailored for all kinds of BRI applications.
Feature highlights are:
- ICs of XHFC Series have integrated HDLC controllers for all kinds of BRI equipment
- The integrated microprocessor bus interface can be configured to 8 bit parallel microprocessor interface or serial processor interface (SPI)
- A PCM128 / PCM64 / PCM30 interface for CODEC or inter-chip connection is also integrated
- The FIFOs of XHFC Series are realized with internal SRAM
It's all about the port granularity: The difference between ICs of XHFC Series is based solely on the four different compositions of integrated interfaces:
Block diagram for XHFC-1SU
Block diagram of XHFC-2SU
Block diagram of XHFC-2S4U
Block diagram of XHFC-4SU
Benefits of XHFC Series
- Low power consumption
- Easy inter-chip connection to telecom ICs
- Fully digital chip architecture
- Excellent price
- Comprehensive software support